UPDATE: I’m so appreciative of the support THOUSANDS of bloggers have shown by signing up, pinning and giving such lovely feedback, that I’ve decided to leave the course open – and free! – until further notice. Enjoy! x
Ask any top blogger what platform they use, and they’ll most likely say “WordPress” thanks to its popularity and seriously impressive number of features. But regardless, some bloggers still seem a little uncertain about making the switch…
That’s why I’ve created this step-by-step, hold-your-hand, walk-you-through-it, in-depth blogging course for beginners! And if you’re not into blogging? You can use the same steps to turn it into a store, forum or even a social network. And right now, access is FREE*! (Yeah, I’m nice like that!)
(Side note: if you’d prefer to just learn the very basics and get your new site started in under 15 minutes you might prefer the express WP set-up guide here. And also, you can always do both!)
Already know a bit about WordPress? No problem! You can view all the lessons, or pick and follow the ones that apply to you (in your own time!). Think of it as being choose-your-own adventure style. There’s no hurry to rush through steps, and I’ll be right here on the other end to answer any questions you may have.
Registration is very simple… simply scroll down and fill in your name, e-mail address and a few other details.
Remember, the free offer is for a limited time, so if you’ve ever wanted to learn WordPress for beginners, now’s your opportunity – the universe has heard you! I’ve seen these courses run for hundreds of dollars, so this is a BIG saving! Registrations are open until July 10, 2015.
Just some of the things you’ll learn:
- How to put together a professional blog or website from scratch
- The key differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org (and which is right for you)
- Top 10 lessons in naming your blog (and the tool that’ll save you loads of time!)
- The #1 thing you need to look for when choosing a WordPress-friendly host
- How to keep your info private when registering a domain name
- Why expensive hosts aren’t always the best (and how to try WordPress without a long-term commitment)
- What an FTP is and how it can save you time
- Finding your way around a cPanel with ease (and what a cPanel actually is!)
- An outline on what you need to know (and do) if you’re moving from Blogger, WordPress.com or Tumblr
- Why there’s only one place you should get free WordPress themes from
- Free vs premium plugins: when to save and when to splurge (and more than 50 plugin suggestions)
- The #1 plugin I can’t live without (it’s saved me many times!)
- 20 security and performance tips so you can rest easy at night!
- How to edit your theme’s files (including CSS) the safe way
- How to backup… while you sleep!
- How to add PDFs and other files to your website that you can offer to your readers as free downloads or printables
- Where and how to make simple changes to your fonts or theme colours (without needing to know how to code)
- Where to get the best technical help (should you need it)
- And more – there are 34 lessons in total!
Is this beginner WordPress course really free?!
Yes – for a limited time! There is currently no monetary charge to access the lessons (though I do kindly ask that you simply pin this post’s featured image to a public Pinterest board – because sharing is caring and that’s still a pretty sweet deal, right?!). Registrations will remain free (and open) until
July 10. Access to the course content is then granted for a minimum of one month.
Why are you offering it for free?
Well, I want to make it the most comprehensive beginner course I can, and the questions and feedback from the first round of students (if I may call them that!) will be very valuable to me in doing so. So this is just my thanks in advance – it’s win-win!
What about hosting and domain names?
If you want to put the information into practice, you’ll need to purchase these – but don’t worry, I tell you who I recommend to get them through (and why) and walk you through the set-up, step-by-step. And if you’re not ready to do this just yet, you can always read through the info and come back to it later!
What if I need help?
If you have any questions regarding any of the steps, feel free to ask it within the relevant page’s comments section and I’ll do my best to help you. I also offer a list of places you can turn to for extra support should you want it.
To access, simply pin the featured image from this page to a public Pinterest board, and enter in your details. Once approved, you’ll be able to begin straightaway! (Tip: It’s easier to sign up via desktop than phone/tablet!).
If your registration was successful you can go ahead and login here.
Have a question? Feel free to ask below!